KPM Analytics Field Support Engineer is responsible for providing technical support both remotely and on site. This position reports to the Director, NA Service.
Territories: US. Can be based on the West or East Coast.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all preventive maintenance and repair activities on customer site as scheduled.
- Provide technical direction and support to customers, for the proper use of KPM products.
- Serve as a contact with customers to relay troubleshooting instructions which may be required.
- Ensure all Technical Complaints, and Internal Investigations, are performed and documented, following established policies and procedures.
- Monitors and informs management of product failures and / or trends observed by KPM customers.
- Prepares and maintains adequate support documentation related to cases.
- Prepares weekly, monthly field reports summaries.
- Responsible for cross training exercises in area of expertise.
- Expected to learn, retain and perform across different KPM product brands.
- Participate in departmental and staff meetings.
- Liaise with other departmental and managerial personnel to provide information or results of the activities performed by the technical service.
2 years’ experience in Field support or related industry, electronics experience preferred
Associates, or Bachelors Degree, Electrical engineering preferred
- Establish positive interpersonal relations and effectively interact with people.
- Electronic boards, circuits repair and replacement.
- Skilled with repairing, troubleshooting, installing and equipment maintenance.
- Rapid learning and application of new information.
- Makes systematic comparison of two or more alternatives. Notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information. Approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down.
- Listens and responds constructively to other’s ideas. Offers support for others’ ideas and proposals. Shares his/her expertise with others.
- Ability to read/interpret technical diagrams (instrument components).
- Work with multiple tasks at the same time.
- Work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Make decisions and good judgments of special situations.
- Great organizational skills.
- Ability to plan and execute schedules.
- Ability to travel 75% time.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint proficiency.
Location: West or East Coast, position will work remotely with heavy travel requirements. Typical onsite activities will be in factories, chemical laboratories, and universities where personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and analytical instrumentation.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling