KPM Analytics Field Support Engineers are part of a highly-skilled customer-facing team providing technical support to KPM customers in the food & beverage, agricultural, clinical, and industrial markets. This position is critical in providing best-of-class customer support through installation & training, calibration, maintenance, and upgrading our broad portfolio of products. The position provides both in-field and phone support to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform installation & training on new instruments, preventive maintenance, and repair activities at customer sites.
- Provide technical direction and support to customers on the proper use of KPM products through multiple communication channels (phone, email, chat, etc.).
- Maintain professional interaction with customers while working on critical issues.
- Serve as primary contact with KPM customers for remote troubleshooting, which requires strong communication skills.
- Ensure all technical issues are documented and solutions implemented through following established policies and procedures.
- Manage all customer and case information in Salesforce, maintaining adequate support documentation as required.
- Provide timely and accurate feedback to the manufacturing and engineering groups for collective analysis and trend identification.
- Prepare weekly and monthly field report summaries.
- Responsible for continuous learning; broadening skill set on KPM products through cross-training activities, utilizing KPM Academy and in-person resources.
- Continuous learning is a way of life, the position is expected to learn and retain knowledge to deliver service across different KPM product brands.
- Liaise with other departmental and managerial personnel; improve customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes.
- 2+ years of debugging complex electro-mechanical products and assemblies
- 2+ years of experience in Field support or related field, electronics experience preferred
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with KPM customers.
- Skilled with repairing, troubleshooting, installing, and equipment maintenance.
- Rapid learning and application of new information.
- Strong knowledge of electronic boards, circuits repair, and replacement.
- Approach complex tasks and problems by breaking them down. Systematically compare multiple alternatives. Notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read/interpret technical diagrams (instrument components).
- Ability to multi-task, under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Make decisions and good judgments of special situations.
- Great organizational skills.
- Ability to plan and execute travel/customer schedules.
- Ability to lift/carry 60 pounds.
- Ability to perform service-related tasks on a ladder (parts removal/installation) at heights between 10-30 ft.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing high-quality customer service.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint proficiency.
- 75-80% domestic travel expected, with occasional international travel.