The Production Supervisor at KPM Analytics is responsible for overseeing, coordinating, and prioritizing the production of parts, sub-assemblies, and finished goods to ensure the successful fulfillment of customer orders and on-time delivery of quality products. This role reports to the Director of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise Manufacturing Personnel: Lead and motivate the manufacturing team in our Westborough facility, fostering a culture of high performance. Lead team members in their assigned job duties, ensuring proper training for their roles.
- Production Scheduling: Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly production schedules are optimized on the production lines to maintain on-time deliveries for both internal and external KPM customers.
- Work Orders: Create and release work orders to the manufacturing floor.
- Schedule Communication: Maintain and communicate the status of production schedules and promptly address issues that could impact completion dates.
- Procurement Support: Collaborate with the procurement group to maintain raw material levels, ensuring customer demand is met and production schedules are executed.
- Inventory Management: Take charge of inventory control, accuracy, and reconciliation, actively championing the inventory cycle count program with daily, monthly, and annual reporting.
- Material Coordination: Manage the coordination of material movements within the facility to maintain production schedules and smooth material flow through the factory.
- Workflow Optimization: Review and enhance manufacturing floor layout to maximize workflow efficiency.
- Performance and Talent Management: Administer performance evaluations and apply corrective actions when necessary to ensure the success of our manufacturing team. Recruit, select, onboard, train, and mentor employees.
- Training: Provide NetSuite training to all production employees, if applicable.
- Collaboration: Collaborate on cost reduction, product development, and process improvement projects.
- Two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret manufacturing instructions or drawings for product assembly.
- Effective communication with customers, regulatory agencies, and internal stakeholders.
- Proficient in presenting information to management and employees.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in a technical or engineering field) or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of inventory management and purchasing functions.
- Certification or training in Lean Manufacturing is highly advantageous.
- Proficiency in MRP (Materials Requirement Planning) systems for production control.
- Successful utilization of Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Knowledge of laboratory instrumentation or related experience is beneficial.
- Familiarity with Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on conflict resolution, confidentiality, active listening, and open-mindedness.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Warehouse management and material flow expertise.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and promote a positive team spirit.
- Commitment to the highest levels of honesty and integrity.