KPM Analytics Field Support Engineers are part of a highly skilled customer facing team providing technical support to KPM customers in the food & beverage, agricultural, clinical, and industrial markets. This position is critical in providing best of class customer support through installation & training, calibration, maintenance and upgrading our broad portfolio of products. Position provides both in-field and phone support to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform installation& training on new instruments, preventive maintenance, and repair activities at customer sites.
- Provide technical direction and support to customers on proper use of KPM products through multiple communication channels(phone, email, chat, etc.)
- Maintain professional interaction with customers while working on critical issues
- Serve as primary contact with KPM customers for remote troubleshooting, requires strong communication skills.
- Ensure all technical issues are documented and solutions implemented through following established policies and procedures.
- Manage all customer and case information inSalesforce, maintaining adequate support documentation as required.
- Provide timely and accurate feedback to the manufacturing and engineering groups for collective analysis and trend identification.
- Prepare weekly and monthly field report summaries.
- Responsible for continuous learning; broadening skill set on KPM products through cross-training activities, utilizing KPMAcademy and in-person resources.
- Continuous learning is a way of life, position is expected to learn and retain knowledge to deliver service across differentKPM product brands.
- Liaise with other departmental and managerial personnel; improve customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes.
- 2+ years of debugging complex electro-mechanical products and assemblies
- 2+ years of experience in Field support or related field, electronics experience preferred
- AS or BS, electrical engineering preferred
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with KPM customers.
- Skilled with repairing, troubleshooting, installing and equipment maintenance.
- Rapid learning and application of new information.
- Strong knowledge of electronic boards, circuits repair and replacement.
- Approach complex tasks and problems by breaking them down. Systematically compare multiple alternatives. Notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read/interpret technical diagrams (instrument components).
- Ability to multi-task, under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Make decisions and good judgments of special situations.
- Great organizational skills.
- Ability to plan and execute travel/customer schedules.
- Ability to lift/carry60 lbs.
- Ability to perform service-related tasks on a ladder (parts removal/installation) at heights between 10-30ft.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing high-quality customer service.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint proficiency.
- 75-80% domestic travel expected, with occasional international travel
Location: Great Lakes region preferred
Area. Typical onsite activities will be in factories, chemical laboratories, and universities where personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and analytical instrumentation.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision requirements