RF Moisture Detection in the Palm of Your Hand
The Process Sensors Portable Moisture Tester (PMT-330) puts the capabilities of an on-line moisture analysis and control system into the palm of your hand, allowing operators to spot-check moisture content of boards, wood, plastic, and paper products quickly and easily. It features radio frequency dielectric (RF) measurement technology that penetrates the surface of products and instantly displays accurate moisture data.
- RF dielectric measurement provides a true moisture profile
- Low-cost, sophisticated at-line or laboratory measurement solution, offering unmatched accuracy and reliability
- A completely wireless, rechargeable battery-operated unit
- Instantly obtain accurate moisture readings
- Options available to analyze boards and sheets up to a depth of 20mm (.75”)
- On-the-Spot Moisture Control: PMT-330 delivers direct moisture profiling with an accuracy range of ±1.0% of full scale (subject to application), allowing rapid at-line review of product condition
- Simple, Lightweight Design: PMT-330 puts the same state-of-the-art principles of an on-line RF moisture measurement systems into a compact, easy-to-use device, helping users make data-driven quality assessments of finished products
- Multiple Calibrations Available: Pre-programmed to reliably analyze moisture content of a wide array of product types
The PMT-330 matches simplicity with convenience to measure moisture content of finished products across a wide range of industries.
- Board Manufacturing: Gypsum board, hardboard, particle board, gypsum/fiber board, cement/fiber board
- Wood Manufacturing: Hardwood veneers, plywood veneers, dimensional lumber
- Paper Manufacturing: Cardboard, laminates, pulp bales, sheets
Measure Quality Where it MattersLearn More
PMT-330 utilizes radio frequency dielectric measurements (RF) to penetrate and analyze the full moisture composition of product. It is an alternative moisture measurement to near infrared (NIR) technology, which measures the surface of product without penetrating. This article explains the key differences between NIR and RF.
The PMT-330 is designed for ease of use and fast analysis for at-line control of moisture content.
- Hold the sensor upright in the air to “zero” the unit, which calibrates the device to the air humidity and temperature of the local environment
- Select from 1 of 10 “Product Codes” from the device, which are pre-programmed calibrations of the material you are measuring.
- Press the sensor firmly onto a single board and press a button to execute your moisture measurement. Within seconds, an accurate moisture reading will appear on the display screen.
Configurations for Board Thicknesses
The PMT-330 is available in two options to accurately measure moisture of different board thicknesses,
PMT-330G: Effective penetration depth of approximately 20mm (0.75”), ideal for gypsum and other board applications
PMT-330V: Effective penetration depth of approximately 3mm (0.125”), ideal for veneer and thin sheet applications.
Advanced RF Technology in the Palm of Your Hand
The PMT-330 PortableMoisture Tester is based on the same technology and principles used in our state-of-the-art online RF sensors. Using radio frequency dielectric measurement, the PMT penetrates the material and instantly displays an accurate moisture measurement.
Portable moisture testers satisfy a variety of needs across the spectrum of manufacturing industries. Whether measuring gypsum, cement, or wood board products, the PMT-330 gives you easy, fast, accurate and, repeatable moisture measurements in a lightweight hand-held device.
PMT-330G: With an effective penetration depth of approximately ¾ inch (20mm) the PMT-330G is designed for gypsum and other board applications.
PMT-330V: With an effective penetration depth of approximately ⅛ inch (3mm) the PMT-330V is designed for veneer and thin sheet applications.
Request A DemoLearn More
Find a Distributor
View our global distributor map and use the intelligent search feature to find a KPM Analytics distributor in your region.Learn More