RF Moisture Detection in the Palm of Your Hand
The Process Sensors Portable Moisture Tester (PMT-330) puts the capabilities of an on-line moisture analysis and control system into the palm of your hand, allowing operators to spot-check moisture content of boards, wood, plastic, and paper products quickly and easily. It features radio frequency dielectric (RF) measurement technology that penetrates the surface of products and instantly displays accurate moisture data.
- RF dielectric measurement provides a true moisture profile
- Low-cost, sophisticated at-line or laboratory measurement solution, offering unmatched accuracy and reliability
- A completely wireless, rechargeable battery-operated unit
- Instantly obtain accurate moisture readings
- Options available to analyze boards and sheets up to a depth of 20mm (.75”)
- On-the-Spot Moisture Control: PMT-330 delivers direct moisture profiling with an accuracy range of ±1.0% of full scale (subject to application), allowing rapid at-line review of product condition
- Simple, Lightweight Design: PMT-330 puts the same state-of-the-art principles of an on-line RF moisture measurement systems into a compact, easy-to-use device, helping users make data-driven quality assessments of finished products
- Multiple Calibrations Available: Pre-programmed to reliably analyze moisture content of a wide array of product types
The PMT-330 matches simplicity with convenience to measure moisture content of finished products across a wide range of industries.
- Board Manufacturing: Gypsum board, hardboard, particle board, gypsum/fiber board, cement/fiber board
- Wood Manufacturing: Hardwood veneers, plywood veneers, dimensional lumber
- Paper Manufacturing: Cardboard, laminates, pulp bales, sheets
How It Works
The PMT-330 is designed for ease of use and fast analysis for at-line control of moisture content.
- Hold the sensor upright in the air to “zero” the unit, which calibrates the device to the air humidity and temperature of the local environment.
- Select from 1 of 10 “Product Codes” from the device, which are pre-programmed calibrations of the material you are measuring.
- Press the sensor firmly onto a single board and press a button to execute your moisture measurement. Within seconds, an accurate moisture reading will appear on the display screen.
PMT-330 utilizes radio frequency dielectric measurements (RF) to penetrate and analyze the full moisture composition of product. It is an alternative moisture measurement to near infrared (NIR) technology, which measures the surface of product without penetrating. This article explains the key differences between NIR and RF.
Configurations for Board Thicknesses
The PMT-330 is available in two options to accurately measure moisture of different board thicknesses:
PMT-330G: Effective penetration depth of approximately 20mm (0.75”), ideal for gypsum and other board applications.
PMT-330V: Effective penetration depth of approximately 3mm (0.125”), ideal for veneer and thin sheet applications.