High Capacity Automated Wet Chemistry Platform
The AMS Alliance SmartChem® is a wet chemistry platform for automated photometric and electrochemical analysis. SmartChem® consolidates different techniques from your laboratory into a single platform, optimizing your laboratory operation in terms of running samples, calibrations, standards, maintenance, and operator training.
Our tabletop and stand-alone Smartchem® analyzers offer complete analytical solutions with our ready-to-use reagents. They run from 160 to 600 tests per hour and have different loading capacities for samples and reagents.
SmartChem® offers a reliable and convenient walk-away solution to increase your laboratory’s productivity. It allows your staff to concentrate on added-value activities and tasks, while guaranteeing repeatability, traceability, and regulatory compliance.
- Extensive physical chemical analysis of drinking water, wastewater, and soil samples.
- Multi-parametric (consolidation) automated platform
- Photometric and Electrochemistry analysis
- Automated integrated reagents and samples barcode reader (optional)
- Automated start-up to instrument readiness
- Low water consumption
- IF THEN driven test sequences
- Programmable and monitored cuvette wash module
- Reagent inventory system and liquid level sensing
- pH/Cond/ORP and Nitrate add-on modules available
- Available ready-to-use reagents for diverse methods
- Increased efficiency and productivity through instrument consolidation and testing automation. Free-up your staff from tedious and repetitive tasks.
- Microlitre reactions - Reduced reagent usage and waste generation – improved cost efficiency and environmental footprint.
- Guaranteed stability, reproducibility and traceability with our ready-to-use dedicated reagents.
- Improved automation level with our optional bar code readers for reagents and samples – allowing full LIMS integration.
- Automated out-of-range retesting decision making.
- Cost end environmental efficiency via our Cuvette Monitored Wash Cycle.
- Optimization of time-consuming techniques such as pH, Cond, ORP.
The SmartChem® Series is widely used for the automation of manually run wet chemistry testing in environmental, industrial, and research laboratories, including regulatory and quality control testing.
Its applications include, but are not limited to:
- Water and environmental
- Soil, plants and fertilizers
- Food and feed
- Beverages, wine and beer
See our list of test parameters by sub-segment here. (not limited)
Measure Quality Where it MattersLearn More
- Up to 200 tests/hour
- Benchtop analyzer
- 5 racks for continuous loading of samples (126 position)
- On-board reagents: up to 16 reagents
- ~1 rack for 10 reagent positions
- ~1 rack for 6 reagent positions and 10 stock standards
- ~2 dedicated positions for diluents and other (spike solutions, QC samples)
- Up to 450 tests/hour
- Benchtop analyzer
- Sample Loading:
- ~Up to 100 samples on board
- ~4 racks of 18 positions each for continuous loading of samples
- ~28 extra positions for urgent samples, calibrators and controls
- On-board reagents: up to 72 reagents
- Up to 600 tests/hour (including 120 for ISE test (pH, conductivity, redox))
- Floor-stand analyzer
- Sample loading:
- Up to 200 samples on board
- ~2 independent carousels hosting 20 racks of 10 positions each, for continuous sample loading
- ~On-board reagents: up to 100 reagents
A True Discrete, Direct Read Measurement System
The SmartChem® Series uses direct read photometry, utilizing a true discrete, direct read measurement system and reusable, high-purity optical cuvettes, eliminating compromised sample measurement.
SmartChem® simplifies your laboratory’s work in a short series of steps:
- Load samples and reagents in your SmartChem®
- Set up your test
- Load your work program in the SmartChem® software
- Launch your programmed routine
- Get the results
Additionally, SmartChem® cuvettes are being washed after each use, making them available for the next reaction/measurement and reducing your dependance on consumables and their availability.
SmartChem® Ready-to-Use Reagents and Regulatory Methods
Approved Methods Run by SmartChem® Ready to use reagents
The table below lists the analytes to be run using SmartChem® Ready-to-Use reagents and the regulatory methods they follow. This list is not comprehensive of all the methods that can be run with SmartChem®.
Request A DemoLearn More
Find a Distributor
View our global distributor map and use the intelligent search feature to find a KPM Analytics distributor in your region.Learn More