The Technical Support/Service Repair Technician is responsible for providing technical support assistance to customers over the phone or email also provides assessments and repairs to KPM brands instrumentation.
Territories: Primarily North America with remote assistance to global accounts
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support via phone or email to customers.
- Elevates customers requests for support to brand experts.
- Documents all customer interactions with KPM provided program.
- Performs instrument assessment to determine repairs and costs.
- Completes all necessary repairs.
- Performs all QC related testing prior to units return to field.
- Ensure inventory accuracy for units and parts.
- Maintains and up to date log of all units and their status.
- Works with engineering department to resolve technical issues.
- Works with sales and services to resolve technical issues.
- Management of customer goods returned for repair (receiving & shipping).
- Provide timely documentation as required.
- Performs on site repairs and training as needed.
- Provide metrics as requested by KPM management.
- Technical Support experience(phone, email).
- Experience using NIR instrumentation in the food or agriculture industries a plus.
- Service experience with pc boards and/or electronics.
- 2 years’ experience in Field support or related industry preferred.
- High School diploma/some college
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in area of specialty; or related experience
- Skilled with repairing, troubleshooting, installing and equipment maintenance.
- Electronic boards, circuits repair and replacement.
- Makes systematic comparison of two or more alternatives. Notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information. Approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down.
- Rapid learning and application of new information.
- Exerts unusual effort overtime to achieve a goal.
- Listens and responds constructively to other’s ideas. Offers support for others’ ideas and proposals. Shares his/her expertise with others.
- Ability to read/interpret technical diagrams (instrument components)
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint proficiency.
- Establish positive interpersonal relations and effectively interact with people.
- Work with multiple tasks at the same time.
- Work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Make decisions and good judgments of special situations.
- Great organizational skills.
- Ability to plan and execute schedules.
- Ability to travel 30% time.
- Location: Westborough, MA
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and analytical instrumentation.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Typical onsite activities will be in factories, chemical laboratories, and universities where personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required.
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling