About KPM Analytics
The operating companies that make up KPM Analytics have come together because of their industry-leading application expertise in the food, agriculture, and environmental sectors. Recognized by customers for deep application knowledge and superior support, the companies stand as a strategic group with a common passion: providing solutions and solving our customer’s most challenging problems. Through this united approach, our customers big and small will be better served with a broader, more robust offering of scientific instrumentation supported by a global network.
The Technical Sales Manager is primarily responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling assigned brands from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth by performing the duties listed within. This position reports to the KPM NA Sales Manager.
US, Northeast. Territory to include CT, DC, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV
Duties and Responsibilities
- The position of Technical Sales Manager requires 50-60% travel.
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the sales of company’s products and services in their designated territory. Each territory has an associated sales objective.
- Annually increases orders to match company’s growth objectives.
- Maintains accurate knowledge of assigned product lines within assigned brands; product demonstrations; product installations; customer visits; routine technical support and consultation to the end user, sales quotations, cold calls, and support of local dealer networks and overall sales of growth of designated territory.
- Maintains an accurate CRM (Salesforce).
- Responsible for the success of our products and services in this market.
- Drives specifications of our products and services.
- Supports existing client relationships with a keen eye on developing new partnerships.
- Thoroughly tracks project opportunities and establishes a winning strategy for receiving orders.
- Provides reports to management upon request.
Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
College,Trade, or university program certificate; Bachelor’s degree in science orEngineering preferred
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Technical, service, or production background with the ability to recognize and repair minor product malfunctions. This includes the ability to recognize customer process’s for product applications.
The home office is based in Westborough, MA although it may be that Technical SalesManagers may work from remote locations within their territories. Must be close to a major airport.