TheiaVu™ is a compact, ‘plug-and-play’, full-colour 2D/3D Vision-Based QA Measurement System designed to provide critical measurements accurately, faster and with better repeatability than manual methods, while providing the ability to measure and quantify product attributes that are difficult or impossible to calculate manually.
- Compact; installed in a lab or at-line
- Measure products up to 91 cm (36” long)
- Top-view and 3D profile cameras included
- Choose from 2 conveyor widths or ask us about a custom size
- Standard or Washdown versions available
- Weigh scales and temperature probes as optional accessories
Typical Applications Include:
- Bakery: all baked goods including breads, buns, cakes, cookies, bagels, pretzels, muffins, pizza, etc.
- Poultry & Meats: raw or breaded chicken, beef, and lamb, including nuggets, patties, steaks, jerkies, and bacons
- Snack Foods: chips, French fries, granola, cheese, etc.
- Others: pet food kibble, corn seeds, fruits & vegetables, etc.
A picture is worth a thousand words. For TheiaVu Series Compact Vision Inspection Systems, a picture is worth dozens of measurements of unique features that quantify product quality. TheiaVu allows quality control engineers to save a significant amount of time while getting more precise and repeatable measurement data to improve their process. In addition, some product features were so hard to quantify that they were not part of the quality control parameters, such as the pictures below for a baguette and chicken breast.
MEASURING QUALITY WHERE IT MATTERS
Used in the lab or at-line, TheiaVu systems produce critical measurement data for final products or work-in-progress for quality and process control. They can be used for:
Incoming inspection: Inspect raw materials quality, such as seeds, fruits, and potatoes
R&D: For bakeries or ingredient producers, quantify the baked goods fresh out of oven based on a new formulation or a new ingredient
Process Improvement: Inspect product quality at certain steps of production process for process control
Quality control: Before packaging, inspect final products or work-in-progress for quality control
Splits Data Splits: Length, Width, Area, # of, Color Bounding
POWERFUL AND EASY TO USE MEASURA® SOFTWARE SUITE
The easy-to-use measura® analysis and reporting software suite includes a built-in library of over 100 different types of measurements and configurable camera and lighting components for different product needs. The software simplifies the inspection process from product set-up and real-time inspection, to process monitoring and quality analytics.
Easy System Setup
- Define your products
- Configure your measurements
- Set limits
- Interactive blob set-up
- Playback recordings
- Fast, up to 100 objects/second
- Intuitive operator screens
- Display trends, lane data, and defect summaries
- Record data
A LARGE MEASUREMENT LIBRARY, AND GROWING
Using vision technology, your products are characterized in meaningful ways, including complex details that are difficult and time-consuming with traditional manual methods. Our standard measurements library consists of over 100 basic and advanced algorithms and growing.
Heights: Peak, Mean, Center, Edge
Diameters: Min, Max, Mean
Slopes: Mean End-to-End, Side-to-Side
Shape: Length, Width, Roundness
Color: Average, Topping, Top Surface w/o Topping
Surface Features: Number of Splits, Split Width, Topping Coverage
Others: Surface Area, Volume
External Devices (optional): Weights, Temperatures
BREAD CRUMB (POROSITY) ANALYSIS
TheiaVu systems are capable of providing an additional level of detail for analysis – crumb analysis. Crumb analysis provides details about pore size and distribution and texture expectation (airy, dense). This data is important for QA and R&D Teams that are conducting in-depth analysis of their baked products and testing or verifying recipes, as well as for QA Teams to collect accurate, repeatable data for process control.
The crumb analysis is an option for TV-250. It uses a high resolution camera and special lighting for best picture quality. Parameters measured are number of pores, pore area, largest pore area, largest pore diameter, and average pore diameter. Pores can also be divided into three groups by size with same set of parameters provided for each group.
CAMERA AND LIGHTING OPTIONS
TheiaVu series has a wide selection of camera options for different applications.
- Standard 2D Color – full color, resolutions ~ 0.2 mm/Pix (resolution varies by conveyor width)
- 3D Profile – Monochromatic camera, works with laser source for 3D profile
- 2D High Resolution Color – High resolution color camera for crumb structure analysis and other applications
How Snack Cheese Producers Can Improve Product Quality & Consistency with Vision Inspection Technology
BT-250: 978 mm L x 914 mm H x 457 mm W (38.5” x 36” x 18”)
BT-300WD: 914 mm L x 947 mm H x 749 mm W (38.5” x 37.25” x 29.5”) (washdown version)