Customizable 3D, full color, 360-degree Product Quality Inspection Solution that integrates seamlessly into existing production lines to measure multiple quality parameters at speeds of up to 100 objects per second. For advanced process control, each system is equipped with a conveyor, cameras selected for your specific application, and a choice of rejection options.
• Integrates seamlessly into existing production lines
• 100% inspection with rejection, up to 100 objects/second
• Variable speed inspection conveyor included
• Various rejection mechanism choices
• Supports multiple camera and lighting types
• Optional bottom and side cameras
• Generates production metrics (uptime, throughput, etc.)
• Customization available upon request
• Models available: IL-300 to IL-2000
- Measures physical product attributes such as shape, size and color of baked goods, meat, poultry, cheese, eggs, fruit, vegetables and pet food to detect quality issues.
- Inspects the integrity of thermal heat seals on packages, ensuring that any unsealed packages are identified and removed from the line.
- Examines packaging for overall integrity, validation of label properties, bar code, and date/lot codes to detect missing or poor-quality elements.
The Sightline In-Line Vision Inspection Systems are turn-key solutions designed to be quickly installed into any new or existing production line to extract any combination of over 200 QA measurements, including color attributes of the bottom surface, from 100% of all products on the line at a throughput rate of up to 100 objects/second.
The In-Line Inspection Systems are the most customizable of the Vision Solutions from KPM Analytics. Our specialists will work with you to evaluate your requirements as well as your facility to design a system that meets all of your needs. In-Line systems are available in multiple widths and can be installed at various points in the line. Various camera options are available to accommodate almost any application and the system can be configured for a 360-degree inspection of your products.
Visualize a New Standard for Quality
Every Sightline In-Line system is capable of measuring over 200 different size, shape and color attributes for every product that passes through the system, including color attributes of the bottom surface. These measurements can then be used to provide real-time operator feedback and to ensure compliance with product specifications. All measurements can be viewed by operators in a variety of graphical and numerical formats. Product measurement data and raw images can also be stored automatically for future review and historical reporting.
- Area, shape, color
- Length and width
- Bottom inspection (optional)
- Diameters (min, max, avg, caliper, adaptive dimensions)
- Volume and slopes
- Heights/thickness (min, max, avg, center, edge)
- Cross-reference 2D/3D measurements with image stacking
- Foreign object detection
- Thermal heat seal & product temperature
- Package Inspection (top & bottom, label, bar codes, seal)
- Template match (area match %, area outside of template %, max length outside template)
- Adaptive length & width (curve follow)
- Shine detection
- Roughness (variations on edges)
- Smart thickness
- Bun coverage
- Blob measurements - Find & measure specific features on an object (e.g. toppings, splits, foreign materials)
Defect Detection and Rejection
Measurements for each object can be used to detect size, shape or color-based defects. Every defect is categorized and tracked using a user-defined name so that operators can quickly understand the source of any problems. Defective products can be automatically rejected from the product flow using an array of high-speed air jets that precisely remove the individual defective object.
Easy to Install, Operate and Maintain
In-Line systems are turn-key systems designed to be quickly installed into any new or existing production line. The small footprint and integrated, adjustable stand can fit into tight spaces with minimal modifications to existing conveyors, and no laning or spreading conveyors are required upstream of the system. To ensure longevity and easy maintenance, all of the components of the system are standard, off-the-shelf parts that are available from multiple suppliers, and no proprietary components are used in the system.
With a highly skilled in-house engineering team, KPM Analytics has the experience and capability to design a specific customized solution in a standard system to meet your inspection requirements. Customized designs, small mechanical footprints and special imaging techniques are all available, and additional conveyors before or after the system can be added to make the overall solution a perfect fit.
Laning Conveyor Option
After products are fully inspected, and defective objects are rejected from the line, a bespoke Laning System can organize the random flow of good products into an organized, laned arrangement that is suitable for downstream packaging equipment. Laning systems can have anywhere from 1 to 10 lanes, and can be managed (i.e. equal counts in each lane) or unmanaged.
Analysis and Reporting Software
Sightline’s intuitive measura® software suite simplifies the inspection process every step of the way, from product set-up and real-time inspection, to process monitoring and quality analytics.
Step 1. Easy System Set-Up
- Define your products
- Configure your measurements
- Set limits
- Interactive blob set-up
- Playback recordings
Step 2. Real-Time Inspection
We have spent years developing a robust software platform that is fast, efficient and built entirely using ‘open-source’ imaging tools. These open-source algorithms include thousands of hours of testing by hundreds of different companies, including algorithms developed and test by Google and other major companies.
- Fast, up to 100 objects per second
- Intuitive operator screens
- Displays trends, lane data, and defect summaries
- Record data
Step 3. Remote Monitoring
- Up to 5 measurements
- Multiple display platforms
- Visual alarm
- Ethernet connectivity
Step 4. Automated Intelligence
- Customizable report template
- Configurable date range
- Scheduled pdf reports via email
- Exports to Excel or pdf