Continuous Real-Time Measurement & Control
The Process Sensors MCT460 Series of On-Line Smart NIR Sensors continuously monitor moisture, oil, and other parameters of the materials on a food or industrial process line. With the MCT460 Series, manufacturing operators can monitor raw ingredients and in-line processes, allowing them to maintain consistent product quality, increase yield, and minimize waste.
- Simple to operate, integrate and standardize across multiple lines and locations
- Rugged enclosure withstands harsh conditions
- Proprietary temperature-controlled detector ensures measurement stability
- Fully modular with all components easily replaceable in the field
- Easy to troubleshoot with advanced on-board diagnostics
- Improve process control and final quality using accurate measurements of moisture, oil, and other parameters
- Make quick decisions and adjustments to the production line using the analysis data
- Save costs and reduce waste, which improves your company’s bottom line
Consistent Product Quality, Increased Yield, and Reduced Waste
Applications for On-Line NIR Sensing
The applications of the MCT460 Series range from snack food production to tortillas and cereals, to tobacco, wood, and biofuels. The sensors are capable of a closed loop control of fryers, ovens, belt speed, paper re-moisturizers, and other processes where moisture variation is controlled. The MCT460 Series can also be easily integrated into existing control systems with industry-standard IO protocols, adding data to maximize process efficiency.
- Breakfast cereals
- Corn chips
- Extruded snacks
- Milk powders
- Pork rinds
- Potato chips
- Tortilla chips
- Ceramic powders
- Crumb rubber
- Extruded plastics
- Hot melts adhesives
- Pressure sensitive adhesives
- PVB films
How It Works
The MCT460 Series NIR analyzers are integrated into key areas of a production process to continuously monitor incoming raw materials or control processes on the production line. Each option is designed to integrate seamlessly over belt conveyors, auger/screw conveyors, or bins & chutes to analyze moisture, oil, and other on-line measurements.
The MCT460 scanning process is simple but reliable:
- Light from the lamp is directed through a rotating wheel at 2000rpm containing NIR filters selected for the application
- NIR light is directed onto the product being measured
- The light reflected off the product is captured by a mirror within the unit and focused onto a Peltier Cooled Lead sulfide detector.
- The detector’s output is taken by the on-board “smart” circuit board and compares to the internal reference beam. This is then converted into a percent of moisture, oil, and other parameters.